The SIIM project is a collaboration between RedR, Insecurity Insight and EISF that aims to strengthen humanitarian responses to crises by building the capacity of NGOs to improve security incident-related information management and enhancing their ability to share incident information in a safe and appropriate manner to support good decision-making across various levels of an organisation.
The SIIM Handbook is a major output of the project, freely available online, it is intended to support users in establishing and developing effective information management for security event reporting and monitoring systems. The English version of the Handbook launched in September 2017 and we’re pleased to announce it has now been translated into Arabic, Spanish and French for maximum impact on the humanitarian sector.
The event is being hosted at the Norwegian Refugee Council Offices in Amman and is open to those interested in unpicking any of the below.
- Are field staff sufficiently equipped to collect, analyse and share security incident information?
- What are the benefits of collecting and sharing this data?
- Do aid agencies gather enough information on the full range of security incidents?
- Do aid agencies understand the security context in which they work and its implications for staff and operations?
- Do agencies share relevant information to improve the sector-wide understanding of the security context?
- Do headquarter staff act on available information in strategic planning decisions?
- How can advocacy departments use the security incident information to call for change?
- All humanitarian staff with any level of responsibility for security incident information management as well as operational and strategic decision-makers.
- Anyone interested in learning more about gathering, analysing and using security incident information.
- Staff interested in how security incident data can be used more broadly in their organisations by non-security staff specifically in the areas of programme management, advocacy, human resources and finance.
Three sector experts will present their perspective on the above issues followed by Q&A. There will also be an opportunity for networking at a small drinks reception.
- 18:30 – 20:00 Panel and Q&A, followed by presentation of the handbook
- 20:00 – 21:00 Reception and networking
Location and time
NRC Offices, Shmeisani, Amman
Abdul Hameed al-Shareef, No. 93
Opposite the Qatar Airways Building