Job title: Corporate Fundraising Manager
Purpose: To manage RedR’s corporate relations including relationship building and account management, with a focus on new business fundraising.
Responsible to: Director of Fundraising
Working with: CEO, Senior Leadership Team, Trustees, colleagues within the Fundraising & Communications department, RedR UK staff, corporate supporters and prospects (including senior executives), institutional supporters, fundraisers, suppliers and other external contacts as necessary
Location: Hybrid: remote with the flexibility to travel to London as required
Grade: Grade 4.1
Salary: £37.541 - £41,438 gross p/a
REDR UK AND THE WORK WE DO
Every year, hundreds of millions of people around the world are affected by natural disasters and conflict. RedR UK is an international disaster relief charity which saves lives by giving aid workers the vital skills they need to do their jobs to the highest possible standard. RedR UK provides training and technical support to NGOs and thousands of people each year in everything from providing emergency shelter to staying safe in the field, from project management after emergencies to essential water and sanitation skills and more.
RedR UK is also a Membership organisation, with a global network of 1,500 Members, all of whom are experienced humanitarian professionals. The RedR UK Membership is a mark of quality, enabling aid workers to obtain professional recognition of their skills and experience.
RedR has offices in the UK and Jordan and works in over 40 countries each year. RedR UK is part of RedR International, an international federation of organisations that share a common vision and mission.
RedR UK is committed to a strong, positive culture, with benefits for staff and those with whom we work. Our culture is also important to us in terms of our ethic of humanitarian impartiality and neutrality and our compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other professional codes of conduct.
Our values are vitally important to us as individuals, teams and to RedR UK as a whole. We are committed to a continuous process of strengthening our culture, maintaining the high standards required to work together effectively, and delivering first class advice and service to those with whom we work.
About this role
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious fundraiser to develop and deliver RedR’s corporate fundraising activities, taking responsibility for a range of relationships including multinational corporattions, SME’s and institutions.
A key member of our Fundraising and Communications team, you will be responsible for managing and developing RedR’s key corporate accounts – made up of global firms from the engineering and insurance sectors - as well as building a pipeline of new business opportunities to diversify and grow our philanthropic base. The role also oversees the Fundraising Officer, who is responsible for donation processing, individual giving and legacies.
It’s an exciting time to join RedR as we develop a new organisational strategy to ensure we can meet the changing needs of the humanitarian community across the globe. Corporate fundraising is a key part of this offer and the post holder will play a vital role in both the fundraising team and wider staff base – working closely with RedR’s CEO, senior management team and trustees, in addition to our programmes teams in the UK and overseas.
This role offers a huge amount of scope for an ambitious candidate who is looking to lead on partnership development. The Corporate Fundraising Manager will account manage a small number of existing partnerships and focus on developing the corporate partnership offering to raise new income from new relationships. The post holder will be highly proactive, experienced and competent in new business generation and have excellent account management.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Fundraising and Partnership management:
- To manage and develop RedR UK’s relationships with our corporate Patrons & partners and professional institutions, meeting or exceeding fundraising targets while remaining within agreed expenditure limits
- To research, approach and secure new philanthropic support for RedR through mechanisms such as (but not limited to) corporate donations, employee engagement, volunteering, payroll giving, external events, cause related marketing and Charity of the Year programmes.
- To develop and deliver together with the wider team, a number of small and large engagement events aimed at high-net-worth individuals and other potential supporters.
- To line manage one member of staff directly, setting and monitoring work plans, motivating and supporting them in their work and ensuring their professional development
- To indirectly oversee aspects of fundraising administration
- To monitor and forecast accurate income and expenditure budgets and issue reports and reforecasts as required
- All employees are required to adhere to RedR's values of collaboration, excellence, lifelong learning, integrity and accountability.
- Provide the Director of Fundraising with regular projections and updates on pipelines
- To work occasional weekends and evenings where necessary in support of fundraising or organisational events
- Any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the Head of Partnerships.
- Significant experience of managing five or six- figure partnerships ideally in a corporate/philanthropic capacity
- Proven experience of winning new and multiyear partnerships
- Excellent presentation and pitching skills with experience in presenting to high level contacts
- Excellent written skills, including experience of preparing proposals and cases for support
- Demonstrable understanding and/or sympathy of the issues surrounding humanitarian relief
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Computer literate with excellent MS Office Skills and good database skills
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekend events (time off in lieu is provided) and to work extended hours in the event of the launch of an Emergency Appeal
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural environment
- Experience of working in the international development or humanitarian sector
- Knowledge of the engineering/construction or insurance sector
- Experience of using Salesforce database
How to apply:
Candidates need to send CV with cover letters to Hr@redr.org.uk. Deadline for the applications will be 19th August, 2022.