The Learning and Development Advisor will ensure that RedR UK provides effective and relevant capacity development services for the humanitarian sector both through digitial learning as well as face-to-face interventions, and maintain exceptional quality across RedR's global programmes. RedR UK plays an important role in increasing the effectiveness of humanitarian action and the quality of our work is critical to that mission.
The role is full-time but part-time applications will also be considered.
For the successful candidate RedR UK will be able to offer:
- A competitive salary
- 23 paid annual leave days per annum, rising by 1 day for each year of service completed.
- The opportunity to work for a fantastic disaster relief organisation that helps many disadvantaged people.
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- At least 6 years’ experience in a learning and development role
- 1 - 2 years’ recent experience of working in the humanitarian or development sector preferably in a field-based post in a capacity development programme.
- Experience of a range of training and capacity development modalities such as online learning, coaching, mentoring and simulations.
- Good understanding of digital and technological developments to deliver engaging learning opportunities for the humanitarian sector.
- High level of digital literacy and excellent knowledge of the Moodle platform as well as other e-learning modalities.
- Demonstrable expertise in supporting improvements in quality of learning provision and ability to influence, advocate and stimulate change in the adoption of quality assurance measures.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and to use initiative to solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively represent RedR UK.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide training and technical guidance to staff at all levels.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to adapt to different contexts.
- Willingness and ability to undertake travel internationally to often insecure and difficult environments
- Professional or academic qualification in learning and development, education or a related topic
- Experience and knowledge of quality assurance systems
- French, Arabic or other humanitarian working language
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your experience matches the personal specification to HR@redr.org.uk. Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 26th September 2018.
To download the full job description and person specification, please click here
The successful candidate will be required to confirm that he/she has the right to live and work in the UK before the post can be taken up.
Please also note that due to limited resources, we will only be able to contact shortlisted applicants.