As Quality and Effectiveness Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the procedure, processes and supporting resources that will be used across our programmes to ensure that our work best meets the needs of humanitarian actors. This starts with ensuring that we are responding accurately to need through supporting a programme of targeted and well managed needs assessments. You will work in collaboration with programme teams and lead your team to manage the range, relevance and quality of our face to face and distance learning materials, as well as resources to ensure that we deliver world class coaching, mentoring, consultancy and facilitation. Your team will manage our consultants through the management of a combined pool of members and associate trainers. You will lead our organisational drive for continuous improvement through efficient and insightful monitoring evaluation and learning, as well as understanding and demonstrating our impact.
As Quality and Effectiveness Manager, you will be responsible for a team of three staff and be responsible for developing and implementing annual workplans and budgets that contribute to RedR’s strategy. You will be accountable for staff safety, welfare and conduct for your team, including their work in the UK or overseas.
To download a full job description, please click here
For the successful candidate RedR UK will be able to offer:
- 23 paid annual leave days per annum, rising by 1 day for each year of service completed.
- The opportunity to work for a fantastic disaster relief organisation that helps many disadvantaged people.
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in a relevant subject e.g. quality assurance, learning and development, or a similar humanitarian/development related field
- At least 6 years’ experience in working on quality assurance or programme effectiveness, preferably in humanitarian/development operations including, including at least 3 years’ management experience
- Deep knowledge of Learning and Development methodologies with substantial direct experience of design and implementation of a broad range of learning initiatives and activities.
- Knowledge of MEAL methodology and significant experience of design and implementation of MEAL systems
- Project and programme management skills, including experience in context, problem and log frame analysis and of managing a large and complex programme.
- Excellent skills in budget preparation, monitoring and financial management procedures.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to adapt to different contexts.
- Experience of managing a team and creating a results-orientated environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organisation and externally.
- Confidence and ability to represent RedR externally including public speaking as necessary.
- An enterprising, creative, goal-orientated and can-do-attitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, sometimes to difficult/insecure locations.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Computer literate with good MS Office Skills.
- Fluency in another language (eg Spanish, Arabic, French)
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your experience matches the personal specification above to: email@example.com. Applications close on Sunday 24th March at midnight. Interviews will be held ASAP.
The successful candidate will be required to confirm that he/she has the right to live and work in the UK before the post can be taken up.
Please also note that due to limited resources, we will only be able to contact shortlisted applicants