In this role, you will be responsible for the quality of RedR’s programmes globally, ensuring that the work we do is world class – relevant and effective. RedR plays an important role in increasing the effectiveness of humanitarian action and the quality of our work is critical to that mission. To achieve this, you will balance a deep understanding of adult learning and organisational development, a total commitment to quality, an empathy and ability to engage colleagues, and a proactive yet pragmatic approach.
You will lead a team responsible for the quality and effectiveness, monitoring and evaluation, and the management of RedR Members and Associate consultants. You will represent RedR externally, building strong relationships with partner organisations.
To download a complete job description, please click here
For the successful candidate RedR UK will be able to offer:
- 23 paid annual leave days per annum, rising by 1 day for each year of service completed.
- The opportunity to work for a fantastic disaster relief organisation that helps many disadvantaged people.
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in a relevant subject e.g. quality assurance, learning and development, or a similar humanitarian/development related field
- At least 8 years’ experience in working on quality assurance or programme effectiveness, preferably in humanitarian/development operations including, including at least 3 years’ management experience
- Experience of delivering training courses or other capacity development services for RedR UK programmes as required.
- Deep knowledge of Learning and Development methodologies with substantial direct experience of design and implementation of a broad range of learning initiatives and activities.
- Knowledge of MEAL methodology and significant experience of design and implementation of MEAL systems
- Project and programme management skills, including experience in context, problem and log frame analysis and of managing a large and complex programme.
- Excellent skills in budget preparation, monitoring and financial management procedures.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to adapt to different contexts.
- Experience of managing a team and creating a results-orientated environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organisation and externally.
- Confidence and ability to represent RedR externally including public speaking as necessary.
- An enterprising, creative, goal-orientated and can-do-attitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, sometimes to difficult/insecure locations.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Computer literate with good MS Office Skills.
- (Desirable) Fluency in another language (eg Spanish, Arabic, French)
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your experience matches the personal specification above to: email@example.com. Applications close on Tuesday 23rd April at midnight. Interviews will be held ASAP.
The successful candidate will be required to confirm that he/she has the right to live and work in the UK before the post can be taken up.
Please also note that due to limited resources, we will only be able to contact shortlisted applicants