This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious fundraiser to develop and deliver RedR’s philanthropic and events activities, taking responsibility for over £600,000 of mainly unrestricted income annually, and a range of high level relationships including over 25 global professional firms.
A key member of our award-nominated Fundraising and Communications team, you will be responsible for managing and developing RedR’s key corporate accounts – made up of global firms from the engineering and insurance sectors - as well as building a pipeline of new business opportunities to diversify and grow our philantropic base. The role also oversees RedR’s annual ‘Wear Red for RedR’ day, all challenge and special events income, including our involvement in external industry events such as the British Constructions Industry Awards, RedR events such as our annual supporters’ drinks reception, hosted by HRH The Princess Royal, and placed events such as the London Marathon, through line management of two skilled and motivated team members.
RedR has a long history of success with major international firms, including Arup, AECOM and JLT, many of whom are long term partners, and these relationships have significant profile within the charity. This role is a fantastic chance to build on engagement, maximising fundraising through our unique portfolio of activities and developing commercial opportunities such as our brilliant disaster relief workshops. The post holder will also build relationships at all levels – from graduate to senior management to achieve success.
It’s an exciting time to join RedR as we develop a new organisational strategy to ensure we can meet the changing needs of the humanitarian community across the globe. Corporate fundraising is a key part of this offering and the post holder will play a vital role in both the fundraising team and wider staff base – working closely with RedR’s CEO, senior management team and trustees, in addition to our programmes teams in the UK and overseas.
This unique role offers a huge amount of scope and autonomy to an ambitious candidate who is looking to lead on partnership development, innovate to achieve success and really make the role their own. The right candidate will be able to communicate RedR’s work to new audiences, think laterally about fundraising opportunities, and will enjoy being part of a unique organisation with a reach far beyond its size.
To download a full job description, please click here
For the successful candidate RedR UK will be able to offer:
- 23 paid annual leave days per annum, rising by 1 day for each year of service completed.
- The opportunity to work for a fantastic disaster relief organisation that helps many disadvantaged people.
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- Significant experience of managing five or six- figure partnerships ideally in a corporate/philanthropic capacity
- Proven experience of winning new and multiyear partnerships
- Proven experience of building long-term relationships with senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- Significant experience of working and presenting a wide range of financial KPI’s
- Confidence in forging relationships over the phone, email and face to face
- Proven experience in developing and delivering high quality engaging events
- Excellent presentation and pitching skills and experience in presenting to high level contacts
- Excellent written skills, including experience of preparing proposals and case for support
- Experience of managing and promoting challenge events and special events to corporate and other supporters
- Line management experience
- Organised/planned approach with excellent attention to detail
- An enterprising, goal-oriented and can-do attitude with good commercial acumen
- Demonstrable understanding and/or sympathy of the issues surrounding humanitarian relief
- A commitment to the mission and mandate of RedR UK, and a desire to help us grow
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Computer literate with excellent MS Office Skills and good database skills
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekend events and to work extended hours in the event of the launch of an Emergency Appeal
- Experience of working in the international development or humanitarian sector
- Knowledge of the engineering/construction or insurance sector
- Marketing experience
- Experience of using Salesforce database
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your experience matches the personal specification above to: email@example.com. Applications close at midnight on Sunday 13th January 2019. Interviews will be held ASAP.
The successful candidate will be required to confirm that he/she has the right to live and work in the UK before the post can be taken up.
Please also note that due to limited resources, we will only be able to contact shortlisted applicants