The Programmes Team is responsible for delivering demand-led services globally; providing tailored capacity building support to organisations and their partners through individual or framework contracts and delivering RedR’s global Open Training Programme; planning and delivering a calendar of training events that meet the needs of individuals operating in the humanitarian sector.
As a Training Coordinator, you will be responsible for designing and delivering learning interventions including face to face training, simulation exercises, consultancies, coaching and mentoring services, and will contribute to the ongoing quality of our work through assessment of learning needs, adaptation and development of learning materials, and assessment of Associate Trainers.
To download a full job description, please click here
For the successful candidate RedR UK will be able to offer:
- 23 paid annual leave days per annum, rising by 1 day for each year of service completed.
- The opportunity to work for a fantastic disaster relief organisation that helps many disadvantaged people.
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- At least 3 years’ experience and understanding of adult learning (andragogy) and participatory learning methodologies, including designing, delivering, facilitating and moderating of training courses and learning events
- At least 3 years direct and relevant experience in humanitarian or development field operations
- Experience and knowledge of the training cycle including designing and conducting LNAs, design, delivery of training, and evaluation of learning events
- Experience of assessment of learning, able to track learning data, evaluate information from courses and share learning and statistics in an accessible format e.g. infographics
- Experience in the management of consultants, including effective cross-cultural communication and strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to build and maintain networks and relationships, both externally and internally to achieve good results, representing RedR to a high standard.
- Excellent workload management skills and ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Willingness to undertake travel internationally to often insecure and difficult environments for periods of up to 2 weeks
- Effective workload management skills and ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Experience of coaching, mentoring, or online learning
- Experience of designing and delivering simulation exercises
- Fluency and ability to deliver training in a language other than English.
- Experience of working with or managing institutional donors/private-sector funded projects
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your experience matches the personal specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title in the email subject line (Training Coordinator). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be administered on a rolling basis too.
The successful candidate will be required to confirm that he/she has the right to live and work in the UK before the post can be taken up.
Please also note that due to limited resources, we will only be able to contact shortlisted applicants