"The humanitarian context in Myanmar is extremely complex, and needs are extensive - but because the sector is still developing, training opportunities remain relatively limited," explains Programme Manager Katie Robertson. "This new set of courses consolidates and builds on the work we've been doing in Myanmar over the past year or so. Over ten days, we'll be running some of the courses that have been successful in the past, along with some additional courses that cater to the needs of humanitarian staff responding to natural disasters and chronic displacement in the country."
"We're particularly pleased to be running 'Gender, Age and Disability Inclusion' for the first time in Myanmar. It's a relatively new course that is extremely relevant as the global humanitarian sector strives to ensure that programmes are inclusive of people who are most at risk."
The following courses are now available for booking:
- Introduction to Humanitarianism, 20th March (one day)
- Security Management, 21st - 22nd March (two days)
- Gender, Age and Disability Programming, 23rd - 24th March (two days)
- Managing Projects in Emergencies, 27th - 29th March (three days)
- Managing Teams, 30th - 31st March (two days)
Please note that these courses are now closed for booking. If you are interested in being informed of any future events in Myanmar, please contact email@example.com to register your interest.