Topics covered on Day 1
- Humanitarian coordination and formation of the cluster system
- Overview of the system in-country
- Define the competencies needed for coordination within and across technical sectors
- Analyse the core functions of coordination
- Look at ways to ensure a service-oriented approach to aid
Topics covered on Day 2
- Decision making for coordinators and prioritisation of activities in response
- Communication for leadership in collaborative settings.
- Simulation exercise of a coordination meeting which allows participants to test their skills and knowledge of the system
- The course will be facilitated by two trainers who have extensive experience in the humanitarian sector. They have an excellent mix of academic and field experience.
- This is a face to face training and the training is facilitated in an inclusive and participatory manner with much of the learning conducted in an interactive way.
- The course is aimed at those who are new to the sector or who are looking to develop their knowledge of coordination as well as their communication and leadership tactics. It would also be useful for those who haven't worked within the cluster system or who are looking to improve interagency coordintion.
- If you are interested in attending the course please email email@example.com to express your interest or to ask any questions you may have.
Band A - Individuals and those funding themselves £150
Band B - Those working for organisations £250
For full RedR UK terms and conditions, click here
WHATS THE REFUND POLICY?
For bookings cancelled two or more weeks before a course, administrative charges will apply. Applicants will be entitled to a refund of 85% of the course fees paid, or if places are available will be offered a transfer of 90% of the course fees paid onto the next instance of the course.
For bookings cancelled one to ten working days* before a course begins, 25% of the course fee will be refunded (*during normal UK working days, Monday-Friday and working hours 9am-5pm).
For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours (working days only) before a course, or after a course has started, no refund will provided.
If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer nor a refund will be offered.
The refund must be claimed within two months from the cancelled course start date.
Please note that unfortunately we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
Refunds may take up to 30 days.
In case of any complaint regarding the service provided by RedR, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within one working day (Monday-Friday).