Effective responses to complex emergencies require exceptional project management skills. Being able to deliver quality outputs on time and under pressure is crucial to any humanitarian response. Even under the most extreme pressure, the quality of project management cannot be allowed to slip.
This three-day course identifies the key project management skills required by humanitarian workers and equips participants with the tools and techniques for managing projects more successfully in emergencies.
What will I learn?
By the end of the module participants will be able to:
- List the stages of the project cycle and issues that may arise
- Define the purpose and principles of conducting effective assessments
- Demonstrate how to set project goals and develop logical planning frameworks
- Identify resource management techniques for the critical stages of an emergency
- List the financial risks in the critical stages of an emergency and identify their potential impact and how to manage them
- State the purpose and principles of effective monitoring and evaluation and create useful reports
Who should attend?
The course is primarily aimed at humanitarian personnel who do or will have a project management role in emergency situations. It is also relevant for project managers in the development sector interested in developing competencies for managing projects in emergencies situations.
What language is it available in?
Available in English
This sounds interesting – is there a cost?
We ask for a contribution of 750 SDG per day and per participant for International NGOs, and 250 SDG per day and per participants for National NGOs
Note: We are currently updating our course fee bands, final updated fees will be announced here shortly.
Thanks! Now, how do I apply?
To book your seat on the training, please down load our training application form here and submit it, fully completed and signed, via email to:
For further queries, please contact us at:
Landline: +249 (0) 154884467
Mobile: +249 (0) 920000236
You can also directly visit us in our offices in Khartoum, Building No: 37, Area Khartoum 2, Block No 3/4/A, west of Faroug cemetery