Improving the quality of humanitarian practice and ensuring the effectiveness of responses to complex emergencies is a key aim shared by humanitarian agencies. Thus, monitoring and evaluation are essential activities for any project or programme. Careful monitoring of progress against targets allows timely changes to be made to maximize impact. Evaluation ensures accountability to all parties concerned, and allows learning to be carried through to future interventions.
This course aims to develop the competencies needed to monitor and evaluate interventions in humanitarian and development contexts. Through proactive and participatory activities, this course aims to instill a solid understanding of appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools as well as the ability to apply these tools in practice.
- Purpose of Monitoring & Evaluation
- M&E in humanitarian context
- Roles and responsibilities in M&E
- M&E framework
- Development of M&E indicators
- Data collection & Data analysis
- Evaluation of programme impact
- Designing M&E plans and strategies
Who should attend?
This course is aimed specifically at programme officers, managers, coordinators, M&E officers, and supervisors who are involved or participate in monitoring and evaluation activities and want to further improve their monitoring and evaluation abilities and their M&E system
What language is it available in?
Available in English and Arabic
This sounds interesting – is there a cost?
We ask for a contribution of 3,000 SDG per day and per participant for International NGOs, 1,100 SDG per day and per participant for National NGOs and for Students 400 SDG per day and per participant.
How do I apply?
To apply for a place on a RedR UK training course, we launched our online application platform, please fill out the online training application form here.
For further queries, please contact us at:
Landline: +249 (0) 154884467
**RedR UK is committed to ensure observing and adhering to COVID-19 pandemic precautionary health guidelines by WHO at our training facilities to ensure the safety of our staff and training participants.
We are observing the following precautions:
- All trainees are required to have a face mask.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers will be available all around the place.
- Hygiene promotion posters are available all over the place.
- We do constant and routine sanitation of all tables & chairs, etc.
- Training room arrangement maintain distance with reduced number of trainees.
- We encourage trainees to wash hands before entering the building.
We are carefully monitoring the situation and studying the possibility of having online training courses. The most important thing is to make sure we conduct training courses in a safe environment.