Effective responses to complex emergencies require exceptional project management skills. Being able to deliver quality outputs on time and under pressure is crucial to any humanitarian response. Even under the most extreme pressure, the quality of project management cannot be allowed to slip.
This three-day course identifies the key project management skills required by humanitarian workers and equips participants with the tools and techniques for managing projects more successfully in emergencies.
What will I learn?
By the end of the module participants will be able to:
- List the stages of the project cycle and issues that may arise
- Define the purpose and principles of conducting effective assessments
- Demonstrate how to set project goals and develop logical planning frameworks
- Identify resource management techniques for the critical stages of an emergency
- List the financial risks in the critical stages of an emergency and identify their potential impact and how to manage them
- State the purpose and principles of effective monitoring and evaluation and create useful reports
Who should attend?
The course is primarily aimed at humanitarian personnel who do or will have a project management role in emergency situations. It is also relevant for project managers in the development sector interested in developing competencies for managing projects in emergencies situations.
What language is it available in?
Available in English
This sounds interesting – is there a cost?
We ask for a contribution of 3,000 SDG per day and per participant for International NGOs, 1,100 SDG per day and per participant for National NGOs and for Students 400 SDG per day and per participant.
**The above fees are the updated fee bands that will apply from new year 2020 for our open training participants. Fee bands are subject to annual reviews based on the average market price levels in terms of training logistics, specifically, catering services and training material printing charges impacts directly on increased contribution fee bands for participants. If you need more information on the fee bands, please contact us via email as per indicated email address.
Thanks! Now, how do I apply?
To book your seat on the training, please down load our training application form here and submit it, fully completed and signed, via email to:
For further queries, please contact us at:
Landline: +249 (0) 154884467
You can also directly visit us in our offices in Khartoum, Building No: 37, Area Khartoum 2, Block No 3/4/A, west of Faroug cemetery.