It is essential for organisations to have the capacity to design, write, and deliver high quality project proposals and reports. This course will focus on the aspects that make proposals effective and successful, will introduce participants to best practices in proposal writing, and help them to develop the knowledge and skills needed to improve their efficacy in writing, presenting, and defending proposals.
It will also cover report writing and will equip participants with the skills and techniques needed to write clear and engaging reports.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
- Elements of proposals and reports: structure and components
- Tools for planning and preparation
- Formal and informal reporting
- Identifying proposal purpose and understanding donor requirements
- Writing skills, including language, layout, format, structure, flow, and finishing
- Common mistakes and best practices
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- List the components and logical flow of proposals and reports;
- Explain what makes proposals effective;
- Adapt proposals to fit donor requirements, preferences and guidelines;
- Use tools, such as the logical framework, to design proposals with clear logic;
- Produce effective reports that are designed to meet the readers’ needs;
- Use tools to effectively plan for single-author and collaborative report-writing;
- Write clear proposals and reports using appropriate writing styles, formats, structures and graphics.
Registrtion is from 8.30 am, with the course starting at 9.00 am and concluding by 5.30 pm. The day is broken up into four sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
During COVID-19 pandemic RedR UK will adhere to all safety rules and procedures as per the Government of Jordan and the Ministry of Health.
Standard Organisation (450$) rate is for any staff working for international organisations.
NNGO or CBO (300$) rate is for any staff working for local organisations and community-based organisations.
Group Bookings is for organisations looking to book 3 or more participants onto the same course. Please email RedR UK for discount options.
Individual or student rates can apply upon request.
Please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk for more information.
*Disclaimer: Upon registering to this course, you will be liable to pay the full course fee through PayPal, credit card or a bank transfer. RedR UK reserves the right to cancel your place on the course if the payment is not received at least three weeks before the training is due to start.
Upon completion of the course participants will be eligible to apply for a HPass Badge, a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience in the humanitarian sector. You can find more information on HPass Badges here.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at programme officers, managers, and other humanitarian staff whose roles involve producing proposals and reports for their organisation.
What is the language of the course?
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be entitled to a refund of 75% of the course fees paid, or if places are available will be offered a transfer of 90% of the course fees paid onto the next course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, 25% of the course fees paid will be refunded.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan office's working hours, Sunday-Thursday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm)
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk or phone +962 (0) 6 462 6227 at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.