It is essential for the operation of humanitarian programmes that organisations have the capacity to design, write and deliver high quality project proposals and reports.
This course will introduce you to the to best practices in proposal writing, giving you the knowledge and skills needed to improve your efficacy in writing, presenting and defending proposals. It will also cover report writing and will equip you with skills and techniques to write clear and engaging reports that encourage the reader to take action on your recommendations.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
- List the components of a proposal and organise them in a logical flow
- Explain what makes proposals effective
- Use tools, such as the log frame, to design proposals with clear logic
- Adapt proposals to fit donor requirements, preferences and guidelines
- Write clear proposals using appropriate language, layout, format and structure
- Produce effective reports
- Identify Common problems in reporting, learning concepts and principles on writing reports
- Tailor a report to a target audience
Registration is from 08:45, with the course starting at 09:00 and concluding by 17:30. The day is broken up into 4 sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at programme officers, managers, and other humanitarian staff whose roles involve producing proposals and reports for their organisation.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The minimum age for this event is 16.
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be liable to pay 25% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 75% of the course fee OR 90% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, applicants will be liable to pay 75% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 25% of the course fee OR 100% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan normal working days, Sunday-Thursday and working hours 9am-5pm).
Any questions? Check out our FAQs here and our T&Cs here.
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact email@example.com.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email email@example.com or phone (962 791326873) at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.