Disaster Management is the organisation and management of resources and responsibilities for dealing with all humanitarian aspects of emergencies, in particular preparedness, response and recovery, in order to lessen the impact of disasters.
The first to respond to a disaster are the people affected, the national authorities and national organisations. The planned transition from emergency to recovery in Sudan will involve a substantial shift in responsibility for managing humanitarian projects from the international community to national NGOs, line ministries and communities. This course aims to strengthen the capacities of national responders to take on this role.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Analyse how vulnerabilities and capacities affect the resilience of communities to disasters.
- Describe the different phases of disaster management and the key activities for each phase.
- Explain the links between disaster management and disaster risk reduction.
- Identify the international legal instruments, humanitarian principles, codes and standards which guide disaster management.
- Describe and apply disaster management tools.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of different actors in disaster management and analyse how they can work together in a coordinated manner.
- Prepare a disaster management contingency plan.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed specifically at programme officers, managers, coordinators, DRR officers, and supervisors who are involved or participate in DRR activities and want to further improve their DRR programme.
What language is it available in?
Available in English & Arabic
This sounds interesting – is there a cost?
We ask for a contribution of 750 SDG per day and per participant for International NGOs, and 250 SDG per day and per participants for National NGOs
Thanks! Now, how do I apply?
To book your seat on the training, please down load our training application form here and submit it, fully completed and signed, via email to:
For further queries, please contact us at:
Landline: +249 (0) 154884467
Mobile: +249 (0) 920000236
You can also directly visit us in our offices in Khartoum, Building No: 37, Area Khartoum 2, Block No 3/4/A, west of Faroug cemetery.