RedR UK is hosting in partnership with Leadership for Humanitarians The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Humanitarians
Limited resources, lack of funding, immense time pressures, an increasing number of crises to solve – and individuals constantly on the brink of burning out: Humanitarian leaders face a myriad of challenges, around the world, every day.
So – how do humanitarian leaders empower and recharge themselves sustainably to continuously deliver the results they aspire?
Leadership for Humanitarians has taken the tried and tested approach of the “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and recreated it to respond to the needs of humanitarians: The “7 Habits for Humanitarians” is a self-management programme which challenges the current mindsets and habits, explores more effective alternatives and lays the ground for more productivity, better communication and an refreshed sense of personal power and purpose.
This programme will enable you to:
- define the priorities in each of your life’s roles and
- focus on them amidst the whirlwind of your daily activities
- build high trust relationships
- improve interpersonal communication
- leverage creative collaboration
- achieve a balanced life
To fit your challenging schedules, we have scheduled this transformative process as follows:
- 2 days live workshop plus
- 2.5 hour live webinar plus
- 1 follow up coaching
- the process also includes a 360° online assessment, a personal assessment as well as high quality participant materials including access to exclusive, downloadable materials for you to follow up.
Part 1 - Live Workshop
Paradigms and Principles of Effectiveness: How we see things influences everything
- Understand how paradigms influence all of your habits and all of the results you are achieving today – how to evaluate them and change them to help you achieve what you want to achieve tomorrow.
- Learn how to focus on your choices, expand your Circle of Influence, and use pro-active language to increase your personal power
- Start to make it a habit to define the desired outcome of any situation: Define your most important roles, define goals and create a personal Mission Statement
- Apply the learnings from Day 1 to your own goals
- Familiarize yourself with the Habit of Implementation
- Apply the Eisenhower Matrix in a meaningful way to your real, daily activities, and learn to eliminate the unimportant
- Schedule your priorities to reflect what is important to you; learn best practices around managing today’s technology.
- Incorporate the Habit of Daily Renewal into your daily routine: how to take care of your brain, heart and body - even with your busy schedule - as a foundation to become a truly effective humanitarian!
- Apply the learnings of Habits 1,2,3, & 7 to the challenges of your daily life.
17:00 End of workshop
Part 2 - Live Webinar
In this 2.5 hour live webinar, we will start by reflecting on the learnings and application of our workshop to real live
We will then go on to explore the mindsets and tool sets of
HABIT 4 (“Think Win/Win”), HABIT 5 – (“Seek First to Understand, the to be Understood”) in order to reach: HABIT 6 : “Synergize”
The Personal Coaching Session (scheduled individually) aims at supporting you in turning your insights into action and powerful, effective new habits!
Registration is from 08:45, with the course starting at 09:00 and concluding by 17:30. The day is broken up into sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
RedR UK is committed to making our courses accessible to any organisation, regardless of size. We offer course scholarships for eligible participants who meet specific criteria. For more information on RedR Scholarships and how to apply, please click here.
Any questions? Check out our FAQs here and our T&Cs here.
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0207 840 6000 at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.