People are the key to any effective humanitarian response. Managing people can be difficult at the best of times, but during the chaos and stress of a complex humanitarian emergency, the ability to manage people is crucial for the success of any programme.
This three-day course introduces participants to the fundamentals of good people management. Upon completion, participants will be able to demonstrate several essential skills for managing their teams with greater confidence and success.
What will I learn?
By the end of the module participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of the manager in humanitarian programmes and what it takes to be an exceptional manager
- Demonstrate skills and attitudes needed to manage people effectively in emergencies
- Practice techniques for building and leading teams
- Identify ways to motivate individuals and maximise their potential and practice improve team performance through effective coaching and feedback
- Demonstrate how to negotiate to achieve a WIN-WIN outcome and how to resolve conflict
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses and draw up action points for further learning and development to improve your management style
Who should attend?
The course is directed at humanitarian personnel responsible for managing others. Participants are likely to be fairly new to their managerial role or have experience, but without any formal training. All participants are seeking an opportunity to explore management theory and access new tools and techniques to fulfil their management role successfully.
What language is it available in?
Available in English & Arabic
This sounds interesting – is there a cost?
We ask for a contribution of 750 SDG per day and per participant for International NGOs, and 250 SDG per day and per participants for National NGOs
Thanks! Now, how do I apply?
To book your seat on the training, please down load our training application form here and submit it, fully completed and signed, via email to:
For further queries, please contact us at:
Landline: +249 (0) 154884467
Mobile: +249 (0) 920000236
You can also directly visit us in our offices in Khartoum, Building No: 37, Area Khartoum 2, Block No 3/4/A, west of Faroug cemetery.