Band A: £60/ 1005 Rand
Band B: £120/ 1995 Rand
To pay in cash at the traning, please select "pay by invoice" under "payment options" when registering for this event.
Managing projects is a 3-day course for staff at either an HQ or field-based role who oversee any aspect of the project cycle. The course focuses on the theoretical and practical application of management tools, techniques and approaches in the field, and on the nature of working in a humanitarian or development context. Through case studies and presentations, you will be able to put into practice the theoretical knowledge that you gain in the course. The course covers:
- The role and qualities of the manager in challenging contexts
- Conducting needs assessments
- Securing funding and financial management
- Project planning using Log Frames
- Risk management
- Project evaluation, implementation, reporting, closure, and exit strategies
- Reflection on your own motivations and competencies
Who should attend?
Project staff who manage or coordinate any phase of the project cycle, staff looking to transition into project management roles, or those wishing to improve their technical project management competencies.