Managing projects effectively can be challenging, even to for practiced experienced managers, and implementing effective responses to complex emergencies requires exceptional project management skills. The ability to deliver quality outputs on time, even under extreme circumstances, is crucial to any humanitarian response. This course identifies key project management skills required by humanitarian workers and will not only give participants an understanding of project management theories and techniques but will also equip them with tools and techniques crucial for managing projects successfully in emergency situations.
What does the course cover?
- Project cycle management
- Project management tools and techniques
- Financial management
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Needs assessments and analysis
- Logical framework
- Resource management
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- List the stages of the project cycle and issues that may arise
- Define the purpose and principles of conducting effective assessments
- Demonstrate how to set project goals and develop logical planning frameworks
- Identify resource management techniques for the critical stages of an emergency
- List the financial risks in the critical stages of an emergency and identify their potential impact and how to manage them
- State the purpose and principles of effective monitoring and evaluation, and create useful reports
Registration is from 8:45am, with the course starting at 9am and concluding by 5:30pm. The day is broken up into four sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
Any questions? Check out our FAQs here and our T&Cs here.
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact email@example.com.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email email@example.com or phone () at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.