What does the course cover?
The 3-hour module explores common mental health impacts associated with work in the humanitarian sector in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Drawing on examples from the Middle East and North Africa region, this module offers practical solutions that organisations and individuals can implement to reduce and mitigate staff stress and mental ill-health and create mentally healthy workplaces.
If you are new to the topic of Mental Health, we recommend you complete the RedR UK training module Managing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic to build you knowledge of mental health trends in the MENA region, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental health, and basic psychological first aid skills, prior to attending this module.
Module objectives include:
By the end of the module, participants will be able to:
- Describe the impacts of humanitarian work and the COVID-19 pandemic on the mental health of personnel;
- Identify where to access resources to support mental health and well-being during the pandemic;
- Outline the role of the organisation in staff stress management
- Describe best practices to reduce workplace stress and mitigate mental ill-health;
- Suggest how to implement best practice in their role as an employee or supervisor to create a mentally healthy workplace.
Who should apply?
The module is designed for individuals and organisations interested in creating mentally healthy workplaces during the COVID-19 pandemic in the MENA region. This includes personnel from governments, humanitarian and development organisations, international and national non-government organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.