What does the course cover?
This 3-hour module explores how to design and facilitate effective online training programmes. The module is focussed on live facilitated online learning and examines the different methods, tools and platforms that can be used to support learning. The module also looks at online facilitation skills and trouble shooting in the online learning environment. The module is particpatory, models good practice and encourages participants to focus on their own specific needs, plans and projects.
If you are new to the topic of Training, we recommend you complete the RedR UK free training module Training Essentials to build your knowledge of training design, delivery and evaluation, prior to attending this module.
Module objectives include:
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
- State the primary online training tools and platforms for the delivery of online training;
- Determine the relative advantages and disadvantages of online communication and training platforms;
- State the major platforms for collaborative document sharing and group work;
- Explain what needs to be considered to determine the appropriate design of training sessions;
- Describe how the appropriate blend of training methods, content and style contributes to the overall effectiveness of an online training course;
- State the major challenges for the trainer/facilitator in delivering online sessions, and identify productive responses to these challenges.
Who should apply?
The module is designed for those working with communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the Middle East and North Africa region, specially those who need to provide training. This includes staff from governments, humanitarian and development organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.