What does the course cover?
This free 2.5 hour module is a basic introduction to Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) in the COVID-19 pandemic in Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region: what it is, why it's essential to epidemic management and how to get it right.
By the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe key elements of community engagement and risk communications and why they matter,
- Explore and design ways to apply these key elements in practice in a MENA context
- Explain ways in which existing community engagement projects can be adapted/made COVID-19 safe in MENA
- List a range of specialist organisations who provide specialist technical services to support RCCE work in MENA
- Identify the particular challenges of specific contexts including camps with regard to RCCE
Who should apply?
The module is designed for those working with communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the MENA region. This includes staff from governments, humanitarian and development organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.