About this course
The module helps participants to identify barriers to inclusion and embed key concepts and principles in their work. Using case studies and participative methodology, participants will reflect on the Ukraine context and consider how to prioritise key actions in their work.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- List key at risk populations and subpopulations in the context of Ukraine.
- Analyse key inclusion principles and how to embed them into programmes: data and information management, addressing barriers, participation of older people and people with disabilities, and strengthening of their capacities.
- Assess key concepts and barriers to inclusion.
- Explain how to prioritise and apply actions that will improve inclusion programming in your response to the Ukraine crisis.
Who should attend?
This training is for people responding to the humanitarian needs of people affected by the conflict inside and outside Ukraine, who would like to ensure they are working inclusively regarding gender, age and disability. Participants may work or volunteer in humanitarian, development or human rights organisations, in Community Based Organisations (CBOs), Organisations for People with Disabilities (OPDs), Older People's Associations (OPAs), Faith-Based Organisations (FBOs), women’s rights or youth groups.
Where is it hosted?
If you would like to attend, please register through Eventbrite (the links are provided below). You will receive instructions on how to join the course after registration.
The live online sessions are hosted on Zoom. We recommend joining via the Zoom app. Participants may join the training via a browser, although the browser offers limited access to some of the interactive features of the training. Participants will be expected to have a stable internet connection and to actively participate in all facilitated sessions.
What is the language of the training?
Training will be facilitated by RedR UK international experts in the English language with simultaneous interpretation available in Ukrainian. Please see below for what languages are offered on which dates.
Course dates and sign up links:
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Ukrainian, Thursday 19th May 2022, 16:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Ukrainian, Thursday 26th May, 14:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
More dates and languages to come soon!
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs, we will try our best and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.
Click here to see all of our courses offered as part of our Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Response.