About this course
This module is part of a series of four modules on project cycle management. The four modules are:
- Needs Assessment
- Project Identification and Design
- Project Planning and Implementation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
This module explores why it is important to conduct a needs assessment, the different types of data you can collect and provides an overview of some of the tools that you can use. The module is contextualised for Ukraine and its neighbouring countries receiving refugees.
The module is a live session that will take place on zoom. The session provides opportunities for learners to actively participate in the session and to apply the learning to their own context.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of undertaking a needs assessment at the start of the project cycle.
- Describe the types of data you might want to collect to inform your work and describe how you can collect these data.
- List tools to analyse collected data.
Who should attend?
Anyone responding to the humanitarian needs of people affected by the conflict inside and outside Ukraine, who would like to know more about how to conduct a needs assessment. This is a beginner level course.
Where is it hosted?
If you would like to attend, please register through Eventbrite (the links are provided below). You will receive instructions on how to join the course after registration.
The live online sessions are hosted on Zoom. We recommend joining via the Zoom app. Participants may join the training via a browser, although the browser offers limited access to some of the interactive features of the training. Participants will be expected to have a stable internet connection and to actively participate in all facilitated sessions.
What is the language of the training?
Training will be facilitated by RedR UK international experts in the English language with simultaneous interpretation available in Ukrainian. Please see below for what languages are offered on which dates.
Course dates and sign up links:
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Ukrainian, Tuesday 3rd May 2022, 16:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Polish, Tuesday 10th May 2022, 16:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Romanian, Tuesday 17th May 2022, 09:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Ukrainian, Tuesday 24th May 2022, 11:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
More dates and languages to come soon!
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs, we will try our best and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.
Click here to see all of our courses offered as part of our Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Response.