About this course
Part 1 of the module provides a foundation for understanding basic personal security, including assessing your own behaviour and risk profile, developing situational awareness, and conducting rapid, dynamic risk assessments.
Part 2 of the module examines basic techniques to remain effective, including techniques to manage stress and remain effective during the crisis.
- Describe situational awareness and explain its usefulness for security
- Explain how to conduct a dynamic risk assessment and assess sources of information
- Identify signs and symptoms of mental ill-health and list possible solutions
- Identify basic components for personal effectiveness and staying healthy
Who should attend?
The module is aimed at those responding to the Ukraine humanitarian crisis, both within Ukraine as well as the surrounding countries.
This course is offered for free; on a first come, first served basis. We will be creating a waiting list, so please email us if the course is already full so we can keep you in mind if anybody drops out.
Where is it hosted?
If you would like to attend, please register through Eventbrite. You will receive instructions on how to join the course after registration.
The live online sessions are hosted on Zoom. We recommend joining via the Zoom app. Participants may join the training via a browser, although the browser offers limited access to some of the interactive features of the training. Participants will be expected to have a stable internet connection and to actively participate in all facilitated sessions.
What is the language of the training?
Training will be facilitated by RedR UK international experts in the English language with simultaneous interpretation available in Ukrainian and Romanian. Please see below for which languages are offered on which dates.
Course dates and sign up links:
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Ukrainian, Wednesday 18th May, 16:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Ukrainian, Wednesday 25th May, 16:00- 18:30 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Ukrainian, Monday 30 May, 10:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
More dates and languages to come soon!
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs, we will try our best and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email email@example.com at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.
Click here to see all of our courses offered as part of our Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Response.