RedR and the work we do
RedR UK is an international NGO and learning provider that develops capacity and supports aid workers, organisations, and communities to prepare for and respond effectively to crises within humanitarian, development, and peacebuilding contexts. Our work builds resilience, primarily in low and lower middle-income countries worldwide. We have 40 years’ experience responding to natural and manmade disasters.
We train thousands of aid workers each year, delivering world-class, in-person and distance learning programmes. Between 2010 and 2020, RedR UK improved the capacity of over 60,000 humanitarian workers in 35 countries. In 2020-2021, 5,413 people from 106 countries were trained through 342 learning events. 55% of people trained in 2020/2021 were women or non-binary and 65% were national staff. 96% of participants rated their training good or excellent and confirmed it had increased their skills and knowledge. RedR UK is increasingly adopting online training methods. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we delivered 97% of our training online, an increase of 94% from the previous year.
We are an HPass Certified Learning Provider, meaning we meet the Humanitarian Learning Standards. RedR UK is committed to the Humanitarian Charter, the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief and the Core Humanitarian Standard.
RedR UK has offices in London and Amman and maintains a large pool of highly qualified trainers and experts who go through a rigorous certification and selection process. Our work is overseen and supported by a Board of Trustees with wide experience, in the humanitarian sector and other fields. Most importantly, RedR is a Membership organisation with a global network of 1,800 Members, all of whom are experienced humanitarian professionals.
We are also part of RedR International, an international federation of organisations that share a common vision and mission. The federation’s vision is a world in which sufficient competent and committed personnel are available and responding to humanitarian needs. Members include RedR UK, RedR Australia, RedR India, RedR Malaysia and RedR Indonesia.
RedR UK is committed to a strong, positive culture, with benefits for staff and those with whom we work. Our culture is also important to us in terms of our ethic of humanitarian impartiality and neutrality and our compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other professional codes of conduct.
Our values are vitally important to us as individuals, teams and to RedR UK as a whole. We are committed to a continuous process of strengthening our culture, maintaining the high standards required to work together effectively, and delivering first class advice and service to those with whom we work.
About This Role
The RedR UK Programmes team is responsible for delivering demand-led services globally; providing tailored capacity building and other support to organisations and their partners through individual or framework contracts; delivering RedR UK’s global Open Training Programme; planning and delivering a calendar of training events that meet the needs of individuals operating in the humanitarian sector; and providing selected services to organisations and companies operating within the humanitarian and development context.
As Programme Coordinator you will seek funding opportunities and contracts within the MENA region which includes actively engaging with potential clients and donors, responding to (advertised) funding opportunities and proactively seeking funding for RedR UK learning initiatives in MENA. You will also coordinate the delivery of RedR UK events, courses, services, projects, programmes or deliverables and work closely with Hub members to ensure these are delivered to an exceptionally high standard, on time and budget. Finally, you will administer the Jordan office and operation and support RedR UK management in managing these.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Be responsible for the effective delivery of specific elements of RedR UK's services:
- Ensure timely, effective and efficient planning, delivery and reporting of projects and programmes, and that agreed outcomes are achieved to the highest quality and within budget.
- Ensure that budgets and finances are managed appropriately and in a timely manner, in accordance with both RedR UK and donor requirements.
- Be the focal point for selected events, courses, services, projects, programmes as agreed with the line manager, ensuring that all contracting, contractual, safety and security, logistical and administrative requirements are met.
- Work with Associate Trainers and Project Staff/Experts to oversee the design and delivery of capacity development interventions within the set timeframes and to the agreed quality and that they are in-line with contracted deliverables.
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of project reports or course factsheets, according to RedR UK’s brand templates
- Work closely and liaise regularly with other Coordinators to share learning and promote best practice to ensure the consistently high quality of RedR’s services
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with Associate Trainers, stakeholders, suppliers, venue providers and client organisations.
- Ensure necessary monitoring, evaluation, and learning data is gathered and compiled on a regular basis ready for internal and external reporting
- Oversee the maintenance of the physical training environment to ensure a high standard of participant experience
- Support general Jordan office and operation management and logistics including office and RedR UK representative security, petty cash management, liaison with banks and other authorities.
Work to expand RedR UK's reach
- Identify and explore possibilities to expand the range of services offered by the Programmes Team, including contributing to, or leading on, proposals.
- Actively engage with potential clients and donors, responding to (advertised) funding opportunities and proactively seek funding for RedR UK (learning) initiatives in MENA.
- Contribute to the coordination of learning needs assessments (LNA) as required, ensuring that the LNA is robust, and that data gathered can inform the design and delivery of capacity building in both contextual and individual needs assessment areas.
- Represent RedR UK at external events and forums, as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with key individuals in agencies operating in the sector including NGOs, UN agencies, clusters and donor organisations, undertaking the role of Key Account Manager (KAM) for selected Key Accounts (clients and partners) in line with RedR UK’s KAM System.
- Promote the integration of new capacity strengthening approaches and develop enabling systems and processes as necessary in liaison with the Programme Manager and other Coordinators.
- Lead, prepare and/or contribute to preparation of Concept Notes, Expression of Interests and Proposals, as required.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the team, operational planning, budgeting and reporting.
- Serve as Duty Officer, responsible for the RedR UK security phone for periods of seven days at a time, dealing with security concerns and incidents that arise and raising these as necessary
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Undertake other tasks as reasonably requested by the Line Manager.
- All employees are required to adhere to RedR's values of collaboration, excellence, lifelong learning, integrity and accountability.
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing, implementing, budgeting, risk managing and reporting on projects throughout the project cycle
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- At least 3 years’ experience of supporting humanitarian work in a disaster or conflict setting
- Proven experience of identifying, contracting and managing consultants
- At least 1 years’ experience and understanding of capacity development, adult learning (andragogy) and methodologies, including designing and delivering training courses and coaching
- Experience with current software for project management and relevant tools and techniques that support good project management, along with Microsoft office skills
- Used to building relationships externally and internally for an organisation to achieve good results, tactful and diplomatic, and able to represent RedR UK externally and to develop networks and maintain these from a distance.
- Able to track project data, evaluate information and share project learning in an accessible format
- Experience of working successfully within a team environment and of building a new team
- Good interpersonal communication skills and self-awareness
- Effective workload management skills and ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Able and willing to travel internationally, sometimes to insecure and difficult environments for periods up to 2 weeks if needed, and to follow RedR UK security management procedures
- Experience of managing institutional donors/ private-sector funded projects
- Qualification in Project Management, Humanitarian Action, Disaster Management, Development Studies or similar
- Experience in Humanitarian and/or international development field operations
- Relevant Master’s Degree
How to apply:
Email a CV and covering letter demonstrating your reasons for applying and suitability for the role to HR@redr.org.uk. Please note that we may contact suitable applicants before the closing date (18th of May 2022).
Please note we will review applications on a rolling basis and will close the position once filled.