Purpose: To coordinate the delivery of RedR UK’s demand-led services including Open training programmes, tailored services and framework contract events.
Responsible to: Programme Manager BtG Hub
Responsible for: Relevant Programme Officers/Administrators
Working with: Colleagues within the Programme team, other RedR UK staff, consultants, associate trainers and external contacts as necessary
Location: London, UK. Home-based with occasional travel to London Office; the candidate must have an overlap of at least 4 working hours per workday with the UK Office. UK working hours are 9am to 5pm.
Salary: £29,650 per annum
Period: Fixed-term maternity cover 1 August 2021 - 31 March 2022 (8 months).
REDR AND THE WORK WE DO
Every year, hundreds of millions of people around the world are affected by natural disasters and conflict. RedR UK is an international NGO which saves lives by giving individuals working within the humanitarian-development-peace nexus the vital skills they need to do their jobs to the highest possible standard. RedR UK provides training, capacity development and technical support to organisations and individuals in a broad variety of fields including humanitarian essentials, safety & security, needs assessment, project management, protection, WASH, shelter, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, etc.
RedR UK is also a Membership organisation, with a global network of 1,800 Members, all of whom are experienced humanitarian and development professionals. The RedR UK Membership is a mark of quality, enabling aid workers to obtain professional recognition of their skills and experience.
RedR UK currently has hubs in the UK, Sudan and Jordan, and works in over 20 countries each year. It is also part of RedR International, an international federation of organisations that share a common vision and mission. The federation’s vision is a world in which sufficient competent and committed personnel are available and responding to humanitarian needs. Members include RedR UK, RedR Australia, RedR India, RedR Malaysia and RedR Indonesia.
RedR UK is committed to a strong, positive culture, with benefits for staff and those with whom we work. Our culture is also important to us in terms of our ethic of humanitarian impartiality and neutrality and our compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other professional codes of conduct.
Our values are vitally important to us as individuals, teams and to RedR UK as a whole. We are committed to a continuous process of strengthening our culture, maintaining the high standards required to work together effectively, and delivering first class advice and service to those with whom we work.
About this Role
The RedR UK Programmes team is responsible for delivering demand-led services globally; providing tailored capacity building support to organisations and their partners through individual or framework contracts; delivering RedR UK’s global Open Training Programme; planning and delivering a calendar of training events that meet the needs of individuals operating in the humanitarian sector; and providing selected services to organisations and companies operating within the humanitarian and development context.
As Programme Coordinator you will coordinate the delivery of RedR UK events, courses, services, projects, programmes or deliverables and work closely with Hub members to ensure these are delivered to an exceptionally high standard, on time and budget.
Main duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
Effective delivery of specific elements of RedR UK's services:
- Ensure timely, effective, and efficient planning, delivery and reporting of projects and programmes
- Managing finances and budgets in line with RedR UK systems
- Coordinate the delivery of RedR UK’s services in line with RedR’s agreed processes, including contracting, design and delivery of training assessments for overseas travel, M&E and reporting
- Work with Associate Trainers and Project Staff/Experts to oversee the design and delivery of capacity development interventions
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of project reports or course factsheets
- Ensure necessary monitoring, evaluation, and learning data is gathered and compiled on a regular basis
- Perform if required administrative tasks such as invoicing, procurement, travel arrangements, logistics, process data on platforms such as Eventbrite and Salesforce
Understand sector needs, opportunities and relationship management
- Identify and explore possibilities to for expanding the range of services offered by the Programmes Team
- Contribute to the coordination of learning needs assessments (LNA) as required, ensuring that the LNA is robust, and that data gathered can inform the design and delivery of capacity building in both contextual and individual needs assessment areas
- Build and maintain relationships with key individuals in agencies operating in the sector including NGOs, UN agencies, clusters and donor organisations
- Promote the integration of new capacity building approaches and develop enabling systems and processes as necessary in liaison with the Programme Manager and other Coordinators
- Assist in the monitoring of opportunities and the preparation of Concept Notes, Expression of Interests and Proposals
- Point of contact and relationship development with project stakeholders
- Manage relationships with relevant RedR UK Associate Trainers and Project Experts, including managing the identification, recruitment, contracting and support of those individuals
- Be the Key Account Manager (KAM) for selected Key Accounts (clients and partners) in line with RedR UK’s KAM System
- Ensure achievement of performance-related and financial targets
Manage a small team to deliver against the Programmes Team Operational Plan
- Support the recruitment of external project staff, consultants and Associate Trainers, resource persons and actors
- Be the main point of contact for external project staff, consultants, Associate Trainers and participants throughout their engagement, providing information and support as required
- Manage a team of Officers and Administrators, including recruitment and induction as required
- Manage the performance, work planning and continued professional development of this team
Maintain and improve quality
- Work closely and liaise regularly with other Coordinators to share learning and promote best practice to ensure the consistently high quality of RedR’s services
- Regularly review participant and trainer feedback to identify ways in which to improve the coordination and administration of RedR UK’s demand-led services
- All employees are required to adhere to RedR UK's values of collaboration, excellence, lifelong learning, integrity and single-point-accountability
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the team and the preparation of the Operations plan and budgets and the updating of RedR UK policies and procedures
- Contribute to internal monthly and quarterly reporting
- Keep up to date with developments in project management and issues relevant to the humanitarian sector
- Undertake other tasks as reasonably requested by the Line Manager
- Project management – Solid experience in designing, implementing, budgeting, risk managing and reporting on projects throughout the project cycle
- Budget management – Proven ability to design and manage budgets of £200k
- Humanitarian experience – Experience of supporting humanitarian work in a disaster or conflict setting
- Staffing & Recruitment – Proven experience of identifying, contracting, and managing consultants
- Learning and development – Experience and understanding of capacity development, adult learning (andragogy) and methodologies, including designing and delivering training courses and coaching
- Use of Technology - Experience with current software for project management and relevant tools and techniques that support good project management, along with Microsoft office skills
- Relationships and Representation – used to building relationships externally and internally for an organisation to achieve good results, tactful and diplomatic, and able to represent RedR UK externally and to develop networks and maintain these from a distance.
- People management – Experience of line managing staff, volunteers or interns and of coaching and improving staff performance
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning – Able to track project data, evaluate information and share project learning in an accessible format
- Team player – Experience of working successfully within a team environment and of building a new team
- Communication - Good interpersonal communication skills and self-awareness
- Work planning - Effective workload management skills and ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Travel – Able and willing to travel internationally, sometimes to insecure and difficult environments for periods up to 2 weeks if needed, and to follow RedR UK security management procedures
- Donor management - Experience of managing institutional donors/ private-sector funded projects
- Languages - Proficiency in English (C2) and in at least one other language (C2 or C1): French or Spanish, preferred.
- Qualification - Qualification in Project Management, Humanitarian Action, Disaster Management, Development Studies or similar
- Field exposed - Experience in Humanitarian and/or international development field operations
- Languages – Fluency (C1) in a third language: Arabic, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Serbian, Russian, etc.
Email a CV and covering letter demonstrating your reasons for applying and suitability for the role to HR@redr.org.uk. Please note that we may contact suitable applicants before the closing date.