What does the course cover?
The 3-hour advanced module explores best practice for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. Drawing on examples from the MENA region, this module considers contextual particularities of the region and focuses on the steps and considerations required to plan and deliver effective RCCE in the region. It offers practical solutions that organisations and individuals can implement.
If you are new to the topic of RCCE, we recommend you complete the RedR UK free training module Risk Communication and Community Engagement During COVID-19 to build your basic knowledge prior to attending this module.
Module objectives include:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain contextual peculiarities of MENA region in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Apply frameworks and tools to assess information needs, and profile the information landscape from the perspective of target audience and media;
- Identify and analyse gaps in COVID-19 communication and engagement within the region;
- Develop desired outcomes based on information needs assessment;
- Identify the key components of effective RCCE plans in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the region;
- Articulate evidence-based measures for effective implementation of RCCE plan in the region during times of preparedness, response, and recovery.
Who should apply?
This course is designed for individuals who already have a good understanding and expereince of Risk Communication and Community Engagement and want to further develop their practice and enhance their skills and knowledge. This includes staff from governments, humanitarian and development organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups, public information officers and communication specialists, health care professionals, public health professionals, and public health students.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.