RedR UK works to strengthen the capacity of agencies, aid workers, and affected communities to prepare, respond and recover from complex humanitarian crises. We provide learning and development services for the humanitarian and development sectors, envisioning a world in which highly skilled professionals respond effectively, inclusively, and sustainably to disasters, wherever they are in the world.
Working with the largest international multilateral agencies as well as local actors at the grassroots level, and many other partners across the private sector, trusts and foundations, and academia, we innovate at the nexus of climate change, engineering in emergencies, and humanitarian response.
What sets us apart?
- We are active across the disaster response cycle, from preparedness and risk reduction to rehabilitation, reconstruction, and building resilience.
- We strengthen the capacity of disaster responders through our expertise in learning and development, on an individual, organisational, and sectoral level. We’re agile in reaching out through the learning methods that suit learners best.
- We connect stakeholders, working at the intersection of experts and practitioners across sectors, and believing that capacity strengthening is an exchange, not a top-down exercise from one part of the world to another.
- We adapt for each local context, placing local responders at the forefront. Our trainers are at the cutting edge of developments across sectors, rooted in technical expertise, and we’re known for our thoroughly localised approach.
- We’re taking the long view. Strengthening local capacity on the ground builds long-terms resilience. We engage in present needs rather than relying on yesterday’s principles.