Capacity building of the FAEO will focus on five main areas, facilitated through consultation, training workshops, and remote support from RedR UK consultants;
1. Development of FAEO governance, leadership and operational systems
2. Development of FAEO policy and practice on issues of transparency, inclusion and diversity
3. Implementation of an effective financial management system for FAEO
4. Enhancement of FAEO fundraising and marketing capacity
5. Establishment of FAEO learning and development programmes
In the second year of the project, FAEO will prioritize their efforts, and work towards a 3-year plan to build capacity of pan-African PEIs. This will contribute to the overall objective of the project, to ensure PEIs across Africa are better able to work towards international standards of education and accreditation. This will establish best practices, innovate new approaches and raise the profile of engineering in Africa.