Monitoring and evaluation are essential activities for any project or programme. Careful monitoring of progress against targets allows timely changes to be made to maximise impact. Evaluation ensures accountability to all parties concerned, and allows learning to be carried through to future interventions.
This course will help participants develop the competencies needed to monitor and evaluate interventions in humanitarian and development contexts.
Through active and participatory learning, this course aims to equip participants with a solid understanding of appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools, as well as the ability to apply these tools in practice.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
- Evidence Based Programming
- The importance of information and knowledge in programming and decision making
- The main principles and techniques of M&E
- Stakeholders requirements in regard to M&E
- Improving programmes utilising M&E results
- Strengthening the capacities of programme staff
- Assessing current M&E systems, identifying gaps, and addressing them
- Address the challenges in planning for, and implementing, M&E systems
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the concepts and purposes of monitoring and evaluation
- Outline roles and responsibilities for monitoring and evaluation
- Design a framework for a monitoring and evaluation system
- Identify appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques and tools
- Develop a strategic plan for implementing a monitoring and evaluation system
Registration is from 8.30 am, with the course starting at 9.00 am and concluding by 5.30 pm. The day is broken up into four sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
RedR UK is an HPass accredited organisation. Our courses adhere to HPass quality standards of best practice in humanitarian learning and assessment. To find out more, please follow the link onto the HPass website.
Standard Organisation rate is for any staff working for international organisations.
NNGO or CBO rate is for any staff working for local organisations and community-based organisations.
Group Bookings: For organisations looking to book 3 or more participants onto the same course, RedR can offer flexible fee options.
Individual or student rates can apply upon request. Please email RedR UK for more information.
Please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk for more information.
This course is aimed specifically at programme officers, managers, coordinators, M&E officers, and supervisors who are involved or participate in monitoring and evaluation activities and want to further improve their monitoring and evaluation abilities and their M&E system.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The minimum age for this event is 16.
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be liable to pay 25% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 75% of the course fee OR 90% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, applicants will be liable to pay 75% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 25% of the course fee OR 100% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan normal working days, Sunday-Thursday and working hours 9.00 am-5.00 pm).
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk or phone +962 (0) 6 462 6227 at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.