Managing projects effectively can be challenging and implementing effective responses to complex emergencies requires exceptional project management skills. The ability to deliver quality outputs on time, even under extreme circumstances, is crucial to any humanitarian response.
This course gives an introduction to the key project management skills required by humanitarian workers and will not only give participants an understanding of project management theories and techniques but will also equip them with tools and techniques crucial for managing projects successfully.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER
- Project cycle management
- Project management tools and techniques
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Needs assessments and analysis
- Logical framework
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- List the stages of the project cycle and issues that may arise
- Define the purpose and principles of conducting effective assessments
- Demonstrate how to set project goals and develop logical planning frameworks
- Explain the importance of risk management in humanitarian projects, and list the stages of the risk management cycle and associated risk management tools
- State the purpose and principles of effective monitoring and evaluation
Registration is from 8.30 am, with the course starting at 9.00 am and concluding by 5.30 pm. The day is broken up into four sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
Standard Organisation rate is for international organizations paying on behalf of an NNGO staff member.
NNGO or CBO rate is for any staff working for local organisations and individuals.
Group Bookings: For organisations looking to book 5 or more participants onto the same course, RedR UK can offer flexible fee options.
Please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk for more information.
Who should attend?
This course is primarily aimed at local organizations, community staff members, individuals who do or will have, a project management role. It is also relevant for project managers in the development sector interested in developing competencies for managing projects in emergency situations.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The minimum age for this event is 16.
What is the language of the course?
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be liable to pay 25% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 75% of the course fee OR 90% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, applicants will be liable to pay 75% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 25% of the course fee OR 100% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan normal working days, Sunday-Thursday and working hours 9.00 am-5.00 pm)
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk or phone +962 (0) 6 462 6227 at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.