Special Offer to Refer a Colleague or Friend:
You and a colleague (or friend) each receive 15% off your course fee when booking on the same course*
*Event ticket is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or non-attendance.
Trainers in the humanitarian and development sectors ensure staff are equipped with the skills and knowledge required to deliver successful programmes. By passing on their wisdom and experiences through effective training techniques, humanitarians can extend the impact of their work to future projects and generations.
This intensive course combines theory and practice to help participants understand the fundamentals of training and facilitation and develop competencies to increase their efficiency as trainers.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
Adult learning and the training cycle
Learning needs analysis
Writing training objectives
Identifying key learning points
Humanitarian context for trainers
Training and facilitation techniques
Providing feedback and coaching
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- State principles of adult learning and apply them to designing and running a training course or session
List the stages of the training cycle and the key activities that need to happen at each stage
Adopt a learner-centred approach when designing and delivering training
Write aims and objectives for training courses and sessions
Design a training session that uses a variety of participatory methods
Demonstrate a range of training skills and techniques
Registration is from 8.30 am, with the course starting at 9.00 am and concluding by 5.30 pm. The day is broken up into four sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
RedR UK is an HPass accredited organisation. Our courses adhere to HPass quality standards of best practice in humanitarian learning and assessment.
To find out more, please follow the link onto the HPass website.
Standard Organisation rate is for any staff working for international organisations.
NNGO or CBO rate is for any staff working for local organisations and community-based organisations.
Group Bookings is for organisations looking to book 3 or more participants onto the same course, RedR can offer flexible fee options.
Individual or student rates can apply upon request. Please email RedR UK for more information.
Please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk for more information.
Who should attend?
This course presumes no previous NGO sector knowledge or experience, but the focus of the curriculum is training within an NGO scenario. Training of Trainers is aimed at humanitarian and development personnel and consultants who are involved in planning or delivering training.
Participants will likely fall into one of three groups: people who have never trained before but foresee that they will in the future; those who have previously done some training but are seeking to enhance their lessons through more structure and a better understanding of training methodologies; experienced trainers who are looking for a refresher or want to add the latest teaching methodologies and practices to their toolbox.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The minimum age for this event is 16.
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be liable to pay 25% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 75% of the course fee OR 90% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, applicants will be liable to pay 75% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 25% of the course fee OR 100% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan normal working days, Sunday-Thursday and working hours 9.00 am-5.00 pm).
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk or phone +962 (0) 6 462 6227 at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.