PMD Pro 1 is a five-day introduction to project management in a humanitarian and development context. This certified course covers the basic concepts, terminology, and tools of project management used by NGOs and will allow participants to develop an understanding of the principles and methods of project management within the context of international development projects. The course is assessed by a one hour, closed-book multiple choice exam.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER:
- Projects and the project life cycle including why projects fail
- Project identification and design including an overview of needs assessment, stakeholder analysis, problem and objective trees and logical frameworks
- Project initiation
- Project planning including work breakdown structures, network analysis and GANTT charts
- Project implementation including RACI and HR plans
- Project monitoring, evaluation and control including M&E plans, SMART indicators and change plans
- End of project transition
BY THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- State the major roles and responsibilities of the project manager throughout the project life cycle
- State the relationships between the phases and deliverables of the project life cycle
- State the major sector–specific contextual factors that are unique to the work of project teams in the international development and humanitarian sector
PMD Pro is a three-level certification sequence. RedR is authorised to deliver the full PMD Pro programme. Please contact us if you are interested in all three levels of the certification.
The course is assessed by a three hour, closed-book multiple choice exam which is completed on-line. The on-line examination aims to measure candidates’ knowledge of project management in the context of the international development sector. The PMD Pro qualifications are linked in with PRINCE qualifications.
RedR UK is an HPass accredited organisation. Our courses adhere to HPass quality standards of best practice in humanitarian learning and assessment.
To find out more, please follow the link onto the HPass website.
Standard Organisation rate is for any staff working for international organisations.
NNGO or CBO rate is for any staff working for local organisations and community-based organisations.
Group Bookings is for organisations looking to book 3 or more participants onto the same course, RedR can offer flexible fee options.
Individual or student rates can apply upon request. Please email RedR UK for more information.
Please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk for more information.
Who should attend?
Project managers who are new to project management, those with experience working in a project-based environment who are looking for a refresher and for those new to the humanitarian or international development sector.
The course is offered in English. The examination can be taken in English, Portuguese, Spanish or French.
Registration is from 8.30 am, with the course starting at 9.00 am and concluding by 5.30 pm. The day is broken up into four sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The minimum age for this event is 16.
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be liable to pay 25% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 75% of the course fee OR 90% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, applicants will be liable to pay 75% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 25% of the course fee OR 100% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan normal working days, Sunday-Thursday and working hours 9.00 am-5.00 pm).
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk or phone +962 (0) 6 462 6227 at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.