Proposal writing serves an important function for humanitarian agencies and NGOs. The ability of NGOs to deliver aid is dependent on their access to funds, and the quality of project proposals determines whether or not funds are ultimately received. Writing proposals is a common and necessary task for staff in various levels and roles throughout the organisation, nevertheless, the task can be challenging, and requires skills in both project design and writing. This course explores the necessary skills and knowledge required for proposal writing, and allows space for both theory and practical application of proposal writing skills.
To provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge required to develop and write targeted and clear proposals in the humanitarian sector.
By the end of the course you will:
• List the components and logical flow of proposals ;
• Explain what makes proposals effective;
• Adapt proposals to fit donor requirements, preferences and guidelines;
• Use tools, such as the logical framework, to design proposals with clear logic;
• Use tools to effectively plan for proposal writing in a project team ;
• Identify appropriate writing styles and practices
Registration is from 8:30, with the course starting at 9:00 and concluding by 5:30. The day is broken up into four sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
Early Bird tickets (17% Discount) are available for the first 10 participants who register and complete payment 1 month before the course starts. Once the early tickets run out, or after the 1 month deadline expires, then the standard fees will automatically apply.
Standard Organisation rate is for any staff working for international organisations.
NNGO or CBO rate is for any staff working for local organisations and community-based organisations.
Group Bookings is for organisations looking to book 3 or more participants onto the same course, RedR can offer flexible fee options.
Individual or student rates can apply upon request. Please email RedR UK for more information.
Please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk for more information.
*Disclaimer: Upon registering to this course, you will be liable to pay the full course fee through PayPal, credit card or a bank transfer. RedR UK reserves the right to cancel your place on the course if the payment is not received at least one month to three weeks before the training is due to start
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at programme officers, managers, and other humanitarian staff whose roles involve producing proposals and reports for their organisation.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The minimum age for this event is 16.
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be entitled to a refund of 75% of the course fees paid, or if places are available will be offered a transfer of 90% of the course fees paid onto the next course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, 25% of the course fees paid will be refunded.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan normal working days, Sunday-Thursday and working hours 9am-5pm).
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email Middle.East@redr.org.uk or phone +962 (0) 6 462 6227 at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.