We offer course scholarship places for certain face to face courses in the UK, for eligible participants who meet the following criteria:
- Work for a national or local not-for- profit organisation in their home country
- Do not have other work obligations that prevent them from attending the entire course or participating fully during the course
- Agree to RedR’s Quality and Effectiveness team to follow up with some questions after they have completed the course to better understand how the course has impacted their work and behaviours
Please note that only one scholarship place can be offered per person, per year, and scholarship spots are not available for HEAT courses or So You Think you want to be an Aid Worker. Decisions are made on a discretionary basis depending on the availability of places on the course.
What does a Scholarship cover?
Scholarships will cover the full cost of the course fees.
What Does a Scholarship NOT cover?
Scholarships do not include travel, visa, accommodation, and subsistence costs for the individual. RedR will provide a letter of support for individuals needing visas on courses over 2 days, but visa applications must be completed by the individual in advance of the training.
RedR strives to support staff working to deliver humanitarian assistance or international development programming in their home countries in order to have sustainable impacts on organisations and communities. Therefore, scholarship places are not available for individuals working at the HQ of international NGOs are not available for students or those who are not currently employed.
How to Apply
In order to apply for a scholarship place, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Short statement of motivation from the participant on why they want to attend the course and how they will apply the learning in the role (maximum 500 words)
- Organisational statement or a statement from a line manager supporting the participant’s attendance and confirming their availability
- An up-to-date CV
Individual’s are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as there are a limited number of scholarship places available for each course and to allow enough time for visa and logistical arrangements. Please email email@example.com with any questions.