About this course
The Humanitarian Ethics and Principles in Practice module is run as two 60 minute sessions. The first session considers Humanitarian Ethics and aims to introduce participants to the challenge of ethical dilemma that is inherent in humanitarian response.
The second session builds upon the first and introduces the four Humanitarian Principles and the concept of ‘do no harm’ in humanitarian response. The module has a specific emphasis on the context of the Ukraine humanitarian crisis response and encourages the participants to reflect on how their own personal ethics affect their decision making and actions in supporting the response.
- Identify some of the ethical issues affecting humanitarian response.
- Describe some of the different factors that influence ethical decision making in humanitarian response
- Reflect on the impact of your own personal ethics and how these may affect your decisions in the current context of the Ukraine humanitarian crisis response
- Describe some of the common ethical concerns in humanitarian data management
- List the four humanitarian principles and explain their meaning
- Explain the importance of applying the four humanitarian principles in the provision of humanitarian assistance in the context of the Ukraine humanitarian crisis response
- Explain the principle of 'do no harm' in providing humanitarian assistance in the context of the Ukraine humanitarian crisis response
Who should attend?
The module is designed for humanitarian responders who are working with populations affected by the Ukraine conflict such as local actors – staff and volunteers working with local organisations, municipalities, Community Based Organisations (CBOs), and faith-based organisations without experience in humanitarian response.
This course is offered for free; on a first come, first served basis. We will be creating a waiting list, so please email us if the course is already full so we can keep you in mind if anybody drops out.
Where is it hosted?
If you would like to attend, please register through Eventbrite (links are provided below). You will receive instructions on how to join the course after registration.
The live online sessions are hosted on Zoom. We recommend joining via the Zoom app. Participants may join the training via a browser, although the browser offers limited access to some of the interactive features of the training. Participants will be expected to have a stable internet connection and to actively participate in all facilitated sessions.
What is the language of the training?
Training will be facilitated by RedR UK international experts in the English language with simultaneous interpretation available in Ukrainian and Romanian. Please see below for which languages are offered on which dates.
Course dates and sign up links:
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Ukrainian (sessions I and II), Tuesday 12th April, 09:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Romanian:
Session I: 20th April, 10:30- 11:30 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3)
Session II: 21st April, 10:30- 11:30 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3)
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Polish (sessions I and II), Friday 22nd April, 16:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3) - REGISTER HERE
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Polish:
Session I: 26th April, 16:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3), this is, 15:00 in Warsaw
Session II: 27th April, 16:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3), this is, 15:00 in Warsaw
- English with simultaneous interpretation in Ukrainian:
Session I : Thursday 28th April, 14:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3)
Session II : Friday 29th April, 14:00 Kyiv time (EEST or UTC+3)
More dates and languages to come soon!
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs, we will try our best and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email email@example.com at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.
Click here to see all of our courses offered as part of our Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Response.