First of all, a huge thanks for all the efforts and hard work that were put into this campaign – we know it hasn’t been easy and we’re grateful for the time and energy everyone put into it.
The participants have worked incredibly hard and done amazingly well – some of them just a bit more than the others. We are proud of the engagement and look forward to seeing everyone again the next year!
So, the moment you’ve been waiting for (drum roll) the winners of the Go Red for RedR UK 2022 are:
- The most successful office – Arup Mauritius who raised an incredible sum of £648. We’re very excited about this as it’s the first time that the international office has won this trophy! It just shows that our reach is global, not only in terms of reaching communities around the world but also in terms of receiving support from every corner of the world. The runner up in this category is WSP London who raised £499 through the raffle held in their office. A special mention goes to Hewson Consulting for raising £159. They proved that regardless of the fact how big or small your office is, when you all pull together you can achieve amazing results.
- Team winner of the Go Red for Refugees challenge – Arup London team who raised £425 and covered a distance of 591.2 miles. This is an amazing achievement, both in terms of fundraising efforts and walking/running/cycling part. The runner up is another team from Arup‘s London office - Scrambled Legs raising equally impressive £480 and covering a distance of 234.5 miles. We also must mention other teams from the same office - RedR than the rest, Step Club 7(6) and CodeRedR#1 – you all did amazingly well! Nothing better than a bit of a healthy competition between the colleagues.
- Individual winner of the Go Red for Refugees challenge – Peter Woodburn – a member of the Arup London team. Peter raised £100 and covered a distance of 182.8 miles. That’s a lot of miles in 7 days! Well done, Peter! The runner up is his teammate, Cameron Milne, with £85 and 159.6 miles.
- Go Red Champions of the Year – The brilliant Caoimhe Byrne from Arup who for the third year in a row did a great job of organising and coordinating various events in her own and in other offices across the world. Caoimhe, thank you for all your hard work and for making it happen! The runner up is equally brilliant Jenny Doyle from WSP, who year after year spends her time and the energy supporting RedR UK and believing in our work.
- Best Go Red Fundraising idea – There were so many great and innovative ideas you came up with to bring your teams together and raise funds for RedR UK. For that, we’re extremely grateful. We wish you could all be the winners and take home the trophies. But in the end, we had to pick one – and the winner of the best fundraising idea is the World Cultural Day by Mott MacDonald Croydon Office. Any office who celebrates their heritage and their differences and use them to bring people together (especially when there’s a food involved) is a winner in our eyes. The runner up is Mario Kart Tournament by Arup Sheffield office. –We can all agree on that: who doesn’t like a good old Mario Kart?!
The Go Red for RedR UK 2022 campaign was a success thanks to the collective engagement and efforts that have raised £7,766! Every pound raised will go towards our work of training humanitarians and lifesavers around the world. Many thanks for supporting our work!
We will celebrate the achievements and hand the trophies to the winners in a special event in London, in September. Stay tuned for more details!
In the meantime, a huge thanks for the support we received in this campaign!
If you’d like us to help you organise any events or challenges this Summer, please get in touch with a member of our fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org.