This is a free online module. You will learn how COVID-19 is impacting on different genders and practical actions to mainstream equality.
What does the course cover?
This module examines how COVID-19 is impacting on women, girls, boys and men differently, limiting access to services and information, increasing women's work burden, eroding social cohesion and increasing gender inequality. Ultimately the training provides practical actions that can be adapted to varying MENA contexts and implemented in a range of programmes to mainstream gender equality and inclusion in the COVID-19 response.
By the end of the module, you will be able to:
- List impacts of COVID-19 for girls, women, boys and men with and without disabilities and of different ages
- Analyse the barriers and inequality that are creating an overburden of work, limiting access and increasing risks for women and girls in the MENA region
- List practical actions to address barriers, risks and access
- Adapt key actions for the varying contexts and programmes in the MENA region, including sector-related gender aspects
- Who should apply?
- The module is designed for those working with communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the MENA region. This includes staff from governments, humanitarian and development organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
For this module, RedR UK is also offering HPass Badging. An HPass badge is a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience. More information on HPass Badging can be found here. Participants will be able to redeem a badge through a link sent after the module.
Other COVID-19 related modules
This module is part of a series being offered for free by RedR UK. The other available modules are:
- Culture, Context and Hygiene Promotion for COVID-19
- Managing Covid-19 Myths and Rumours
- Managing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Community Engagement with Affected Populations
- Training Essentials
You can find more information on the project and each module here.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.