This is a free interactive online module. You will learn how COVID-19 stress affects us and what we can do individually and at work.
What does the course cover?
By the end of this 3-hour module, participants will be able to:
Explain the basics of the physiological stress reaction and stresses specific to COVID-19
- Identify their personal responses, basic coping and self care mechanisms and have learned new ones specific to managing COVID-19 stress (including breathing)
- Explain the basics of common physiological disorders in the MENA region - Know what to say to someone who is struggling and how to say it, including when to involve professionals
- Apply basic guidance around next steps to manage stress in a professional/teams context
Who should apply?
The module is designed for those working with communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the MENA region, especially responders (including volunteers) who are coping with heightened stress/anxiety in their professional and personal lives. This includes staff from governments, humanitarian and development organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
For this module, RedR UK is also offering HPass Badging. An HPass badge is a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience. More information on HPass Badging can be found here. Participants will be able to redeem a badge through a link sent after the module.
Other COVID-19 related modules
This module is part of a series being offered for free by RedR UK. The other available modules are:
- Culture, Context and Hygiene Promotion for COVID-19
- Managing COVID-19 Myths and Rumours
- Community Engagement with Affected Populations
- Gender, Age and Disability Considerations in a COVID-19 Response
- Training Essentials
You can find more information on the project and each module here.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email email@example.com at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.