This is a free interactive online module. You will learn about risk communication and community engagement, and how to apply this approach.
What does the course cover?
This free 3 hour module is a basic introduction to Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) in the COVID-19 pandemic in MENA region: what it is, why it's essential to epidemic management and how to get it right.
By the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe key elements of community engagement and risk communications and why they matter,
- Explore and design ways to apply these key elements in practice in a MENA context
- Explain ways in which existing community engagement projects can be adapted/made COVID-19 safe in MENA
- List a range of specialist organisations who provide specialist technical services to support RCCE work in MENA
- Identify the particular challenges of specific contexts including camps with regard to RCCE
Who should apply?
The module is designed for those working with communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the MENA region. This includes staff from governments, humanitarian and development organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
For this module, RedR UK is also offering HPass Badging. An HPass badge is a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience. More information on HPass Badging can be found here. Participants will be able to redeem a badge through a link sent after the module.
Other COVID-19 related modules
- This module is part of a series being offered for free by RedR UK. The other available modules are:
- Culture, Context and Hygiene Promotion for COVID-19
- Managing Covid-19 Myths and Rumours
- Managing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Gender and Inclusion in the COVID-19 Response
- Training Essentials
You can find more information on the project and each module here.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.