This is a free interactive online module. You will learn the key public health risks related to COVID-19 and how these can be addressed.
What does the course cover?
This module presents key considerations for adapting hygiene promotion activities for delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic, and to the cultural and contextual settings of the MENA region. The module uses the project cycle as a means to guide participants through key considerations for COVID-19 appropriate hygiene promotion at each stage, from assessment, to planning for and implementing activities that are adapted to the varied humanitarian and cultural contexts of the region.
Module objectives include:
- Describe the key public health risks in relation to COVID-19, and the cultural and contextual factors that may increase these
- Explain that Community Engagement is essential to Hygiene Promotion and describe some methods of communication that are appropriate for the context of COVID -19
- Adapt approaches and information to contextualise them so that they are relevant to diverse groups in their communities
- Explain how to gather qualitative and quantitative data and the need to close the feedback loop
Who should apply?
The module is designed for those working with communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the MENA region. This includes staff from governments, humanitarian and development organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
For this module, RedR UK is also offering HPass Badging. An HPass badge is a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience. More information on HPass Badging can be found here. Participants will be able to redeem a badge through a link sent after the module.
Other COVID-19 related modules
This module is part of a series being offered for free by RedR UK. The other available modules are:
- Managing COVID-19 Myths and Rumours
- Managing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Community Engagement with Affected Populations
- Gender, Age and Disability Considerations in a COVID-19 Response
- Training Essentials
You can find more information on the project and each module here.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network’s H2H Fund, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.