This is a free interactive online module to analyse risks and mitigate and respond to GBV before, during and after COVID-19
What does the course cover?
The 3-hour module examines how gender based violence (GBV) manifests during a pandemic. Using virtual scenarios participants will conduct a vulnerability and capacity analysis, navigate current guidance for mitigating and responding to GBV throughout the project cycle and reflect on examples of good practice and how that would apply to their own contexts. This course builds on concepts in the Gender and Inclusion in the COVID-19 Response course and dives deeper into mainstreaming GBV mitigation and response.
Module objectives include:
- Define GBV and how it manifests
- Conduct a basic vulnerability and capacity assessment to identify at risk individuals and subpopulations
- Navigate guidance to mitigate and respond to GBV before, during and after COVID-19
- Respond using a survivor centred approach to any disclosures of GBV
- Describe good practice examples of adapting GBV programming and operations during COVID-19
Who should apply?
The module is designed for those working with communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and who would like to increase their understanding and knowledge around gender based violence (GBV) and what actions are needed in response to incidences and to mitigate risks for all programmes and projects (not just GBV programmes). The course is aimed at people working in non-gender specialist roles.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
For this module, RedR UK is also offering HPass Badging. An HPass badge is a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience. More information on HPass Badging can be found here. Participants will be able to redeem a badge through a link sent after the module.
Other COVID-19 related modules
This module is part of a series being offered for free by RedR UK. The other available modules are:
- Culture and Contest Specific Hygiene Promotion During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Managing Covid-19 Myths and Rumours
- Managing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Community Engagement with Affected Populations
- Gender, Age and Disability Considerations in a COVID-19 Response
You can find more information on the project and each module here.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network’s H2H Fund, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.