This is a free online module. You will learn how to apply remote management skills during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What does the course cover?
The 3-hour module explores how to ensure effective remote management during the current COVID-19 pandemic. It focuses on the skills needed for managing teams remotely and advancing team dynamics. The module highlights best practices that participants can apply in their work and explores challenges and how to overcome them.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Describe remote management and why it is needed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Identify core competencies for remote management and reflect on how to apply these in practice.
- Describe how to effectively mobilise and support teams that are working remotely
- Identify challenges that arise from working remotely and describe ways to overcome these challenges.
- Outline how to develop a remote management and communication strategy
- Plan how to apply best practice for remote management in your work
Who should apply?
The module is designed for those working in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the MENA region. This includes staff from government, humanitarian and development organisations, international and national non-government organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups.
This course assumes a good level of general knowledge about managing people and projects and focuses on how this can be adapted to suit remote management situations in the context of COVID-19.
Where is it hosted?
The module is facilitated live online and participants have opportunities to interact with the trainer and their peers, sharing experience and asking questions. Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. However, participants are not required to download an app and may join through a browser. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration.
For this module, RedR UK is also offering HPass Badging. An HPass badge is a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience. More information on HPass Badging can be found here. Participants will be able to redeem a badge through a link sent after the module.
Other COVID-19 related modules
This module is part of a series being offered for free by RedR UK. The other available modules are:
- Culture, Context and Hygiene Promotion for COVID-19
- Managing COVID-19 Myths and Rumours
- Managing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Risk Communication and Community Engagement
- Training Essentials
- Stress Management in the Workplace During the COVID-19 Pandemic
You can find more information on the project and each module here.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email email@example.com at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network’s H2H Fund, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.