Develop the competencies to design and deliver effective training, focusing on the online environment.
This introductory Training of Trainers course aims to develop the competencies needed to deliver training across the sector using participatory methodologies. You will apply your learning from the course to plan, prepare and deliver your own short training session, receiving feedback from experienced trainers and your peers. This online course combines theory and practice to help you understand the fundamentals of training and facilitation and develop competencies to aid you in becoming a more effective trainer.
This course is composed of four live sessions, with individual and small group work assigned between each session.
What does the course cover?
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- List the stages of the training cycle and the key activities that need to happen at each stage
- Write SMART training objectives and identify key messages in response to identified needs
- Design a training session that is underpinned by adult learning principles and employs a variety of participatory techniques
- Describe a range of facilitation skills and techniques
- Develop an action plan for implementation, continued learning, and peer support
This course is a combination of live online sessions and individual or small group work in between live sessions. The course consists of:
• 14 hours of live online sessions, split between four sessions as follows: 7th November, 8th November, 9th November, 14th November
• Individual or small group work, to be completed between the live sessions.
The programme will run over two weeks, between the 7th November and the 14th November 2021. The first three sessions will be delivered on consecutive days; Sunday, Monday and Tuesday then we will allow a 4 day break for collaborative group work to be completed before the last session. Facilitated sessions will start at 9:00 GMT+2
Where is it hosted?
The live online sessions are hosted on Zoom. We recommend joining via the Zoom app. Participants may join the training via a browser, although the browser offers limited access to some of the interactive features of the training. Participants will be expected to have a stable internet connection and to actively participate in all facilitated sessions. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the course after registration.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at anyone who would like to learn more about training and facilitation using online tools. It will be of particular interest to anyone new to or with limited experience in training and facilitation.
Upon completion of the course participants will be eligible to apply for a HPass Badge, a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience in the humanitarian sector. You can find more information on HPass Badges here.
How much does the course cost?
• NNGO/CBO - 200$
• Standard Organization 350$
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be liable to pay 25% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 75% of the course fee OR 90% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, applicants will be liable to pay 75% of the course fees. For the remaining amount, RedR can either refund 25% of the course fee OR 100% can be transferred to an alternative course.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan normal working days, Sunday-Thursday and working hours 9.00 am-5.00 pm).
*Disclaimer: Upon registering to this course, you will be liable to pay the full course fee through PayPal, credit card or a bank transfer. RedR UK reserves the right to cancel your place on the course if the payment is not received at least three weeks before the training is due to start.
Any questions? Check out our FAQs here and our T&Cs here.
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact email@example.com
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email@example.com at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.