The course focuses on the theoretical and practical application of management tools, techniques and approaches in the field.
The course focuses on the theoretical and practical application of management tools, techniques and approaches in the field, and on the nature of working in a humanitarian response. Through case studies and presentations, you will be able to put into practice the theoretical knowledge that you gain in the course.
What does the course cover?
- The nature and impact of emergencies
- The role and qualities of the manager in a humanitarian response
- Leadership and communication skills
- Conducting needs assessments
- Securing funding and financial management
- Project planning using Log Frames
- Remote and distant management
- Risk management
- Conflict management and negotiation
- Reflection on your own motivations and competencies for relief work
- Project evaluation, implementation, reporting, closure, and exit strategies
Registration is from 8.30 am, with the course starting at 9.00 am and concluding by 5.30 pm. The day is broken up into four sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
During COVID-19 pandemic RedR UK will adhere to all safety rules and procedures as per the Government of Lebanon and the Ministry of Health.
Early Bird tickets (17% Discount/900$) are available for the first 10 participants who register and complete payment 1 month before the course starts. Once the early tickets run out, or after the 1 month deadline expires, then the standard fees will automatically apply.
Standard Organisation rate (1100$) is for any staff working for international organisations.
NNGO or CBO rate (600$) is for any staff working for local organisations and community-based organisations.
Group Bookings is for organisations looking to book 3 or more participants onto the same course. Please email RedR UK for discount options.
Individual or student rates can apply upon request.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Disclaimer: Upon registering to this course, you will be liable to pay the full course fee through PayPal, credit card or a bank transfer. RedR UK reserves the right to cancel your place on the course if the payment is not received at least three weeks before the training is due to start.
Upon completion of the course participants will be eligible to apply for a HPass Badge, a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience in the humanitarian sector. You can find more information on HPass Badges here.
Who should attend?
The course is geared at managers, team leaders and general aid workers who manage people in the humanitarian and international development sectors. It would also suit people with technical experience who want to vary or expand upon their people management skills. This training is appropriate for people who are already in, or want to move into, a management role and have some understanding or prior experience of managing individuals or teams.
What is the language of the course?
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings cancelled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be entitled to a refund of 75% of the course fees paid, or if places are available will be offered a transfer of 90% of the course fees paid onto the next course.
- For bookings cancelled one to nine working days* before a course begins, 25% of the course fees paid will be refunded.
- For bookings cancelled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
- Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan office's working hours, Sunday-Thursday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm)
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact email@example.com.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email email@example.com or phone +962 (0) 6 462 6227 at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.