Develop the competencies to design and deliver effective training, focusing on the online environment.
This introductory Training of Trainers course aims to develop the competencies needed to deliver training across the sector using participatory methodologies. You will apply your learning from the course to plan, prepare and deliver your own short training session, receiving feedback from experienced trainers and your peers. This online course combines theory and practice to help you understand the fundamentals of training and facilitation and develop competencies to aid you in becoming a more effective trainer.
This course is composed of six live sessions, with individual and small group work assigned between each session. The facilitator will be available to provide support to students in between sessions via email.
What does the course cover?
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- State principles of adult learning and apply them to designing and running a training course or session;
- List the stages of the training cycle and the key activities that need to happen at each stage;
- Apply a learner-centred approach when designing and delivering online training;
- Identify aims and objectives for training courses and sessions;
- Design a training session that uses a variety of participatory methods and online tools;
- Describe the role of a facilitator and ways to work creatively and constructively with virtual groups;
- Apply what they have learnt on this course to their own training contexts.
This course is a blended Training of Trainers learning programme comprising the following:
- Preparatory, self-guided pre-course study (1h)
- 6 modules, each an online facilitated session of 3.5 hours plus up to 2 hours of asynchronous collaborative and/or solo work in between the facilitated sessions.
Total: 32 hours
The programme will be run over the three-week period between the 11th to 25th July 2023, allowing time for collaborative working and self-study:
1. Tuesday July 11, 2023: 10:00-13:30 EAT
2. Thursday July 13, 2023: 10:00-13:30 EAT
3. Tuesday July 18, 2023: 10:00-13:30 EAT
4. Thursday July 13, 2023: 10:00-13:30 EAT
5. The fifth module (practice) will be split into two sessions. Participants are encouraged to attend both, but one of them will be compulsory (you will be appointed to your compulsory group session after registration closes):
- Group 1: Friday July 21, 2023 : 10:00-13:30 EAT
- Group 2: Friday July 21, 2023: 14:30 - 18:00 EAT
6. Tuesday July 25, 2023: 10:00-13:30 EAT
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at anyone who would like to learn more about training and facilitation using online tools. It will be of particular interest to anyone new to or with limited experience in training and facilitation.
Where is it hosted?
The live online sessions are hosted on Zoom. We recommend joining via the Zoom app. Participants may join the training via a browser, although the browser offers limited access to some of the interactive features of the training. Participants will be expected to have a stable internet connection and to actively participate in all facilitated sessions. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the course after registration.
Upon completion of the course participants will be eligible to apply for a HPass Badge, a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience in the humanitarian sector. You can find more information on HPass Badges here.
Any questions? Check out our FAQs here and our T&Cs here.
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact email@example.com.
In case of any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email email@example.com at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.