Develop the competencies to design and deliver effective training in their area of speciality.
This introductory Training of Trainers (ToT) course aims to develop the competencies needed to deliver training across the sector using participatory methodologies. You will apply your learning from the course to plan, prepare and deliver your own short training session, receiving feedback from experienced trainers and your peers. This online course combines theory and practice to help you understand the fundamentals of training and facilitation and develop competencies to aid you in becoming a more effective trainer.
This particular ToT is targeted towards technical responders to the earthquake in Türkiye and Syria.
This course is composed of five live sessions, with individual and small group work assigned between each session. The facilitator will be available to provide support to students in between sessions via email.
What does the course cover?
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- State principles of adult learning and apply them to designing and running a training course or session;
- List the stages of the training cycle and the key activities that need to happen at each stage;
- Apply a learner-centred approach when designing and delivering online training;
- Identify aims and objectives for training courses and sessions;
- Design a training session that uses a variety of participatory methods and online tools;
- Describe the role of a facilitator and ways to work creatively and constructively with virtual groups;
- Apply what they have learnt on this course to their own training contexts.
This course is a blended Training of Trainers learning programme comprising the following:
- 5 modules, each an online facilitated session of 2.5 hours plus up to 2 hours of asynchronous collaborative and/or solo work in between the facilitated sessions.
Total: 13.5 hours
The programme will be run over a 5 day period period between the 11th June and 15th June 2023, allowing time for collaborative working and self-study:
1. Sunday 11th June: 15:00-17:30 GMT+1 (UTC+1)
2. Monday 12th June, 2023: 15:00-17:30 GMT+1 (UTC+1)
3. Tuesday 13th June, 2023, 2023: 15:00-17:30 GMT+1 (UTC+1)
4. Wednesday 14th June 2023, 2023: 15:00-17:30 GMT+1 (UTC+1)
5. Thursday 15th June 2023 15:00-17:30 GMT+1 (UTC+1)
Who should attend?
This course is designed for technical responders and engineers in Türkiye and Syria in NGOs, humanitarian organizations, local and national government, or private sector, with a priority for those who have completed RedR UK's Structural Detail and Damage Assessments (SDDA) training in MENA region. The course will be delivered in Arabic.
Where is it hosted?
The live online sessions are hosted on Zoom. We recommend joining via the Zoom app. Participants may join the training via a browser, although the browser offers limited access to some of the interactive features of the training. Participants will be expected to have a stable internet connection and to actively participate in all facilitated sessions. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the course after registration.
How much does the course cost?
This course is free of charge.
Upon completion of the course participants will be eligible to apply for a HPass Badge, a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience in the humanitarian sector. You can find more information on HPass Badges here.
Any questions? Check out our FAQs here and our T&Cs here.
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.