Develop the competencies to design and deliver effective training.
This introductory Training of Trainers course aims to develop the competencies needed to deliver training across the sector using participatory methodologies. You will apply your learning from the course to plan, prepare and deliver your own short training session, receiving feedback from experienced trainers and your peers. This face to face course combines theory and practice to help you understand the fundamentals of training and facilitation and develop competencies to aid you in becoming a more effective trainer.
This course will comprise individual and small group work assigned between each session. The facilitator will be available to provide support to students.
What does the course cover?
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- State principles of adult learning and apply them to designing and running a training course or session;
- List the stages of the training cycle and the key activities that need to happen at each stage;
- Apply a learner-centred approach when designing and delivering online training;
- Identify aims and objectives for training courses and sessions;
- Design a training session that uses a variety of participatory methods and online tools;
- Describe the role of a facilitator and ways to work creatively and constructively with virtual groups;
- Apply what they have learnt on this course to their own training contexts.
The programme will be run over three days between the 11th and the 13th of September 2023, allowing time for collaborative working and self-study.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at anyone who would like to learn more about training and facilitation using online tools. It will be of particular interest to anyone new to or with limited experience in training and facilitation.
Upon completion of the course participants will be eligible to apply for a HPass Badge, a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience in the humanitarian sector. You can find more information on HPass Badges here.
Any questions? Check out our FAQs here and our T&Cs here.
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.