This is a free interactive online module. You will build on your existing training skills and learn the technical and professional skills
What does the course cover?
This 3-hour module explores how to design and facilitate effective online training programmes. The module is focussed on live facilitated online learning and examines the different methods, tools and platforms that can be used to support learning. The module also looks at online facilitation skills and trouble shooting in the online learning environment. The module is particpatory, models good practice and encourages participants to focus on their own specific needs, plans and projects.
If you are new to the topic of Training, we strongly recommend to complete the RedR UK free training module Training Essentials to build your knowledge of training design, delivery and evaluation, prior to attending this module.
Participants are expected to contribute to discussions and group activities.
By the end of the module, you will be able to:
- State the primary online training tools and platforms for the delivery of online training
- Determine the relative advantages and disadvantages of online communication and training platforms
- State the major platforms for collaborative document sharing and group work
- Explain what needs to be considered to determine the appropriate design of training sessions;
- Describe how the appropriate blend of training methods, content and style contributes to the overall effectiveness of an online training course
- State the major challenges for the trainer/facilitator in delivering online sessions, and identify productive responses to these challenges.
Who should apply?
The module is designed for those who need to provide training in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the Middle East and North Africa region. This includes staff from governments, humanitarian and development organisations, community-based organisations, faith-based organisations, women’s and youth groups. If you are not an experienced trainer, you should complete our Training Essentials module prior to joining this module.
Where is it hosted?
Our interactive online modules are hosted on Zoom. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration. This module will demonstrate the use of online tools such as Jamboards and you will be required to navigate through multiple browsers during the module. We strongly recommend you join via a laptop or desktop computer.
For this module, RedR UK is also offering HPass Badging. An HPass badge is a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience. More information on HPass Badging can be found here. Participants will be able to redeem a badge through a link sent after the module.
Other COVID-19 related modules
This module is part of a series being offered for free by RedR UK. The other available modules are:
- Culture, Context and Hygiene Promotion for COVID-19
- Managing Covid-19 Myths and Rumours
- Managing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Gender and Inclusion in the COVID-19 Response
- Training Essentials
You can find more information on the project and each module here.
Any questions? Please contact Middle.East@redr.org.uk, or check out our Terms & Conditions here.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR about your needs.
RedR UK's MENA COVID-19 training course project is funded by the H2H Network’s H2H Fund, which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.